9mag girl

9mag girl

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Lol!


It's no secret that I love the comics...I definitely don't keep that hidden.

But most people assume that I only love big heroes doing all types of crazy action.

On the contrary, I actually love funny paper comics and indie comics quite a bit more. i used to love reading full color sunday comics. Those things used to be the shit. for a short time I thought that that would be my destiny, but for one, I'm not funny enough to come up with a clever joke everyday of the week and two, I do have an appreciation for stories. So naturally I'm taking my personal comics to the indie side. Doesn't mean i still don't love those quick gag comics.

One of my favorite ones was Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson. His Jokes were always on point and above all, I felt like it was masterfully drawn for a funny paper comic. Look back at some of them, they are quite detailed.

So I found out in the new issue of Superman/batman that they were gonna pay homage to the series by replacing the characters with Joker and Lex Luther. i was skeptical at how this would turn out, but it's done so well I'm surprised Watterson didn't do it himself. Great job coming from Brian Azzarello on the keyboard and Lee Bermejo handling the art.


No comments:

Post a Comment