9mag girl

9mag girl

Monday, January 4, 2010

I was famous...for like a month






Fuckin 010 (pronounced Ohhh ten...feel free to use that)
I'm going through my computer and finding all these old images.
So naturally I ran across my Urban Ink article. It's issue #92 according to the plaque behind me

(hold the hell up, that mag ain't had 92 issues...issue 9 maybe?)

Well at the time, this was the highlight to my young tattooing career. And it's a decent article... so shouts out to them guys for featuring me. I've bought every issue of the magazine so far and honestly, alot of the guys suck all the ass. I wouldn't let 90% of the featured artists come close to my skin. Every now and then they show a diamond in the rough tho...so I'd like to think that I'm one of them...
Shit, i found out about Miya and tuki from them
I wouldn't have tried to get a job here without their articles (which are dope by the way).
One funny thing about the article is they really focus on me being hired at
the City of Ink
but there is not one tattoo from my time in Atlanta.
it's all Alabama tattoos from my old shop, the Voodoo needle. So I gots to get
another article with all my new stuff....

Enjoy guys and gals. Once I figure out how to put videos up
I'll paste that music video I was in...it's more hilarious to me than anything. lol

PS- when someone calls me Mel Man I just kinda laugh...I go by Melvin or Mel a bit more calmer

No comments:

Post a Comment